Friday, October 11, 2013

Online and Privacy – There’s no such thing

I have a bone to pick with people who think that online “Privacy” settings actually do exist. Let’s be honest, as much as the platform that you are using claims that your information is private or secure, if you’re online… there is no such thing.

Have you ever Googled yourself? That’s what people see online, at any given time. When you post something on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, people will see it and it can be search.
Just for shits and giggles and to prove my point, I Googled MYSELF. This is what I came up with…



What I found on there was not alarming; just my social networking sites that I use quite frequently, and a couple photos. There were some things came up that I completely forgot about, but I posted them.
Rule of Thumb – If you don’t want anyone to see what you are up to, don’t post it online; better yet, avoid the internet altogether. Another thing to remember is that you can’t control what other people do online, so if you don’t want anyone knowing about it, don’t do it.

Privacy settings won’t keep your profiles private, only YOU can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment