Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thankful, all year long

Once a year, we remember that we have to be thankful for at least one thing. The Thanksgiving holiday gives us a chance to step back and reflect on our life. But doesn't mean that we aren't grateful  all year long.

New Year's Eve is a great time to start fresh, make changes, and get a whole new outlook on life. This year, I went to Las Vegas. It seemed like an appropriate location to ring in a new year, and let go of the previous year's failures.
 
I am thankful for being able to do that, and so extravagantly.

There are some things in life that come as a blessing in disguise. At the beginning of this year, I was working at a job that started off as one that truly enjoyed, but slowly migrated to one that I despised waking up going to. I enjoyed the staff that I got to work with, but the job itself left little to be desired. In the end, I discovered my worth.
I am thankful for my experiences that got me to where I am now, at a job that I truly enjoy with people that I am really loving. I am truly grateful that I discovered my passion and finding an organization that values my work ethic.

Late last month, I participated in an event that raises awareness for homelessness in Winnipeg. The CEO SleepOut opened my eyes to homelessness and its severity. After spending a night out on the street, I am truly thankful for everything that I have. Even though I dream of a bigger home, a nicer car, and a more lavish lifestyle.
 
I am grateful for everything that I have because I worked hard for it, and I've earned it.
Single parenting is difficult. I've talked about it many times, but it is something that I have become so accustomed to doing on my own, I don't know anything else. I am thankful for the relationship that I have with my son. We have this unbreakable bond, one that cannot be explained into words.
It's not always fun or a bed of roses, but we are mom and son.



I am grateful for my son and the man that he is becoming.

I am thankful for my heart, it doesn't matter how many times it's been broken, it still works.
 
On the lighter side...
I am thankful that people think I am still in my 20s.

I am thankful that I can still squeeze my ass into my favorite jeans; for my vision no matter how blurry without prescription lenses - I still HAVE vision; and for still being able to wear 4 inch heels, although not quite so elegantly as I used to.
For my niece and nephews, my mom and dad, my sisters and their husbands; for all of my friends, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment