Thursday, April 04, 2013

Fueling my Passion

I haven't posted informative, or educational content in quite some time. In fact, I don't remember the last time I posted informative content about marketing or public relations and to be quite honest, my last post was an attempt at dissecting a PR campaign.

Success or failure, the rookie tried.
 
Instead of providing you with the latest and greatest in my marketing experience, I have decided to make this week's post a little different.

It seems as though the more I work on campaigns, media buys, and strategic plans, I reignite my passion about the industry. It's the best part of my day to say the least.
That said, I have been working on a comprehensive social media strategy to take our organization to the next level in our various platforms. As an automotive marketer, evidently my job is to drive traffic to our store in order to increase revenue. That's the same for all marketers in any industry. Social media however, has a different purpose.

Contrary to popular belief, car sales people are just that, people! They laugh, they cry, and they work to make a living, to support their families, and to enjoy the little pleasures in life. I try to send that message through social media, along with the occasional latest promotion. It's not any different than a coffee shop talking about their newest coffee flavor, they want to keep you in the know about the products that they offer if you choose to try it or not.
When I started developing this strategic social media plan, I had to keep in mind all aspects of the business within the primary objective of the social platform. Bottom line, we're NOT going to close a deal on Facebook, or any other site for that matter.

The main purposes of social media: engagement, awareness, and providing information. If you use it to 'pitch' to your prospects, then you're doing it wrong and no one will want to follow you. You must have a balance, such as everything else in life.
Needless to say, this is what I have been working on throughout the week. I have these creative spurts, sometimes it lasts a few hours, sometimes significantly less time than that. I wrote a brief social media campaign outlining objectives, strategies and tactics to support those objectives, it took me all of 10 minutes.
It's a rough draft but outlines all the major components of a plan.

This is when my passion reignites and it becomes evident, yet again, why I followed this career path. The more I do, the more I learn, and the more I fuel my passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment