Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What's trending?

A large part of my career consists of searching the net for the best story, the funniest video, and the most interesting topic. Some days, I find this a painful chore. On other days, like today, I have fun with it.

Due to the nature of my business, with topics changing more often than a woman changes her shoes, it's challenging for me to retain all this new information. In a situation such as this, I do what I do best and develop a new strategy that will not only help me with my memory, but also inform and engage my followers with the stories that stood out for me.
YouTube Favorite

A colleague introduced me to this video and I have to be honest, I laughed so hard in the office heads were turning and people were curious. This one stood out for me.
I appreciate a creative ad.

Controversial
Starbucks CEO rejects guns in his US chains and it receives backlash on Twitter immediately. Of course, this seems like a legitimate request, but for the USA where the second amendment has the most support, there will be an intense conversation. Where else would you see this but on Social Media?
Julie Chen's confession of having plastic surgery done on her eyes, to make them look bigger. She claims that she did it for her career, and she's had a successful career at that.
Her response to the backlash was very well done, I like Julie.

 
Website

The Onion.

They take a story and screw it to make it controversial, offensive, or funny.
 
 For instance, the recent storyabout the Pope modernizing the Catholic church. I originally heard this story on a local news station, so there's some truth to it, but the editors at The Onion added some - could be offensive - details to the story.

Need a good laugh? Last, but not least, the Huffington Post's Comedy website will surely deliver the comical relief you need during your deadline heavy day.
If you like this type of post, drop me a line. If you find something interesting worthy of conversation, please send it to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment