Sunday, March 03, 2013

Emotional Attachments... Be GONE!

Before

We all have emotional attachments, sometimes for things that completely takes us by surprise. Like hoarders have attachments to EVERYTHING, to no surprise; to MY complete shock, I was emotionally attached to my hair.
When I chose my business name, I thought I was FEARLESS through and through. However, when it came time to deciding on my next look... I thought it would be cut and dry and easy to deal with. After all I AM fearless... Right?

I thought I was.. until I sat in the stylist's chair and contemplated chopping off all my hair for a bold, sassy new look. I was hard for me to utter the words I was afraid of saying for so long; "Just cut it!" But I did and here I am, with a modern new look and a new attitude to pull it off.
There was a point when I didn't think I had any kind of emotional attachment to my hair, but it appears as though I was wrong. I nearly fainted, and my stomach did so many flips I thought I would flip my lunch too.

Here are some tips to get through the change if you decide to go through with it...
1.       Bring a support system, such as a friend or a family member.

2.       Make plans to go for drinks afterwards, whether it be to celebrate your new look or drown your sorrows if you hate it.

3.       Remember that it takes 3 days to get used to a bold new cut.

4.       Go home, play with your hair and try different looks with it.

5.       If all else fails, remember... Hair grows!
I avoided mirrors like the plague, and I didn't feel comfortable taking a picture until the next day. Luckily, I have grown to like my new cut. I have also proved to myself that I am more fearless than I had originally anticipated.

Will I keep this new look? That has yet to be determined.
After

Couple days after

In the future

No comments:

Post a Comment