Monday, June 18, 2012

Lace it up!

2011 Manitoba Marathon - Personal Best 2:12:00 (unsure of the seconds)

I've done it. I finally made the decision to start running again, so I signed up for the first annual WFPS half marathon on October 20. I missed the Manitoba Marathon this year for the first time in the last 5 years, I was more saddened than I ever thought I would be.
Over the last year, I am ashamed to admit, I have neglected my health and fitness. Not only has my physical health been affected but my confidence level and mental health has diminished. I could justify it by telling you that all the recent changes in my life made it nearly impossible to make time for anything else, but I won't be going down this path of destruction. I will own up to it and correct it.

My decision to start running again came to light when Natasha, my friend  from school, asked me to teach her how to run and how to train for a half marathon. It's a bonus, a running partner and fuelling for my desire to influence another rookie runner. I love helping people get and stay active.

We will both be blogging about our progress; I will be writing about physical changes, emotional progress, and motivation challenges - among other things. You can follow her on her blog at http://theevolutionofme123.blogspot.ca/.

I look forward to hitting the pavement again, looking for inspiration, and accomplishing another goal of running a half marathon in 2012. Bring it on pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment