Monday, June 04, 2012

About Me

It took me some time but I finally got the courage, fearlessness if you will, to chase a dream of becoming a success.  I aim to make myself proud of my accomplishments.

At a very young age, I gave up believing that anything was possible. After reading many books, surrounding myself by positive people, and knowing in my heart that life was only worth living was by being happy. I finally started living life and created a person I would be proud to meet.  
I am who I am today because of my experiences, mistakes that turned into lessons, and people that have come into my life to teach me what I needed to learn, regardless if they are still in my life or not. I have come to realize that people come into my life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When they leave, there is no reason to be sad, they have served their purpose.

I am grateful for the things I have, live in the present moment, never regret my past, because I  can't change it, and I always strive to do and be the best at everything I do.
I get tattoos because I feel like it, shop at thrift stores because it not only agrees with my bank account but a great find is challenging enough to keep me interested. I read for fun, not because I am forced to deliver a report. I don't do anything because I 'should', I follow my instincts and do things because I want to.

In my early twenties, I thought I had myself all 'figured out'. With my thirties just a few months away, I could not be more at peace with myself, my personality, and my strong instincts. I made, and still make, mistakes but I learned from them and they have shaped me into the human being I am this very day. I live with no regrets, no shoulda-coulda-woulda's, and no what ifs.
I have many things I still want to accomplish, but for the moment, I am right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment