Saturday, March 15, 2014

CEO Sleep Out Challenge

In 2013, I attended my first CEO Sleep Out. After a little hesitation, I gathered my sleeping bag and set out to join hundreds of other community leaders to raise funds and awareness of homelessness in Winnipeg.

Even though it saddens me that homelessness is still an issue in our city, I am happy to report that I will be participating in the event again this year.

I received a letter in the mail today, and I'm always excited to open mail when it's not a bill or a reminder to book a dentist appointment. I was especially looking forward to reading the latest news release from the Biz.

In 2013, we raised $173,773 to support five Winnipeg agencies to employ 38 of our city's homeless. This would not have been possible without the support of the community.


Additional participation is encouraged, and welcomed. I knew after the last Sleepout that I was hooked, the experiences I had and the people I met will never be forgotten. We need more people to help support this initiative.

Do you want to be a part of this movement?

I'm recruiting TWO new CEOs to join our team of community movers and shakers. All you have to do to enter is send me a brief description of yourself about why you should be considered, and how you will help raise funds.

No one should have to live on the streets, we can do our best to eliminate homelessness in Winnipeg, now and forever!

The 2014 CEO Sleep Out is planned for Thursday, September 18, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment