Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Single Woman's Guide... to changing a car battery


There comes a time, in some of our lives, when we don't have a man around to do the things that men do. To clarify, I do not mean any disrespect, I am simply speaking out of experience.
When it comes to my car, I bring it to a mechanic. He fixes the problem and off I go. I'm not one to wash the car either, but I do like it shiny. I've never so much as gassed up and put oil in my car, that was my extended of being a mechanic.

It's not something I am proud of, I grew up in the country but it seems as though the city go the best of me. This past Sunday, I was unfortunate to discover that my car battery died and needed replacing. Even though I have male friends who are willing to come help me out when I am a damsel in distress, I decided to tackle this project on my own.

 
It's not as difficult as some make it out to be. Here's what you have to do ladies (in case you are ever in a similar situation)
Let's talk tools. Every single woman has to have a tool kit, only the essentials are required.

·         Hammer

·         Screw drivers

·         Nails

·         Crescent wrench

·         Needle nose pliers
They do sell pink tools if that's what you'd like. When it comes to tools though, for me, the manlier the better.

First, you have to take out the existing battery. You do that by unscrewing the bolts with a crescent wrench.
Crescent wrench
 
Then, you put the new one in the same way the old one was sitting. That's it, that's all. Just make sure that that battery is secure, and let your car run for 30 minutes to get a full charge.

I learned that I don't necessarily NEED a man to do this kind of stuff, but it's nice when one is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment