Thursday, November 29, 2012

Creativity shows up in very odd places

I was there partly against my will, so to say that I didn't want to be there is only a slight understatement. However, I knew my responsibilities and when you're a grown up, sometimes you have to do things that are best and you can't pout our way out of it. Regardless of how much you try.
Instead, I took this opportunity to rediscover something I used to do in my adolescent years. I know what some of you may be thinking, and NO it wasn't getting drunk and making a mockery of the class. I was actually a good kid (I'm going off topic a little)


To pass time, during lunch breaks, some friends and I would do this drawing game. The origin of the game is unknown, and this isn't a history lesson turned blog post. One of us would draw a series of scribbles on a blank piece of paper while the other person looked away, then we had to draw a caricature from that scribble.
The rules were that the person creating a caricature was not allowed to look while the scribbles were being drawn. Provided that I was alone in this class didn't leave me much of a choice but to scribble on my own. But I did follow the same rule, I looked away and tried to act surprised (in secret of course)

All joking aside, this is a great way to expand your creativity.
Finding an object or caricature in a scribble is fun and it's a great way to pass the time. I was amazed at how well my creations turned out. Somewhere along the way, I forgot that I can actually draw creative images.

I think I may try this game with my son, kids makes the best scribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment