Thursday, November 22, 2012

Completely off Balance

My dream to have a perfectly balanced life between work, home, and a social life was broken early this morning. Not something that I wanted to hear on a Thursday morning, I'm still in shock. Am I seriously screwed out of this balancing act I've been trying so hard to achieve?

Yes, yes I am.
Apparently, there IS no such thing as a balance but there are ways to keep our sanity. Burning out is easy when you take your work home with you.

My work is everywhere. It's in the radio ads I hear on my way home from work, it's in the commercials I see when I'm decompressing after a long day, and it's in the articles I read. Marketing and Public Relations work is everywhere, so I ask - How CAN I leave my work at work?
Perhaps it's not about having a healthy work/home balance, I'm thinking I should have a SOLID work/work balance and a healthy home/home balance.

Maybe it's about doing what you love to do and not succumbing to things you feel you have to do to have the balanced life. I don't NOT clean my house because I want to, sometimes a messy house means a happy heart. Of course when I feel the need to clean my house, I clean the SHIT out of it!
Much can be said for the work that I do, both at work and at home (because I do freelance as well), when I feel the need to drop everything and punch the keys, I do it. It's not about burning the midnight oil but loving every minute of it.

I used to play hard, but look what that got me... a killer hangover and an empty wallet, what's so wrong about working hard? Sure, I may have select few friends, but the friends I do have are loyal and understanding. Maybe I don't have time to hang up my clothes after I wash them, but I always walk out of the house feeling fabulous.
So there! I have figured it out throughout this piece, master the work/work and home/home life because all we have is this moment right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment